FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We take pride in building you the best mouthguards possible.
We hope this section provides all the answers you need. If you still have a question for us, feel free to use our Online Chat or send us an email to email@example.com
Q1. How much do Guardlab mouthguards cost?
A1. GuardLab offers the best mouthguards on the planet. We are committed to offering a bespoke premium product of the highest quality, at an attainable price point for every athlete. First, choose the guard that's right for you, then choose how you would like to get measured. Here's how the pricing works:
- APEX™ Guard: $29.95 each - $39.95 each with personal customization. Semi-Custom Fit in 3 universal sizes (small, medium or large). Simply boil, bite and wear. Suitable for everyone and self-fit at home. Add unlimited designs to your APEX Guard and personalize it!
- APEX Lite Guard: $24.95 each. Ultra-thin and intended for light contact or helmet sports. Semi-Custom Fit in 3 universal sizes (small, medium or large). Simply boil, bite and wear. Suitable for everyone and self-fit at home.
- PRO Guard: $89.95 each for a standard color or $99.95 with personal customization. The PRO Guard is our best-selling custom-fit guard to protect your upper teeth, and the perfect upgrade from an APEX Guard. Measured by a Home Kit (additional $14.95) or 3D Scan (see Q2).
- ARC-PRO Guard, Upper Protection: $149.95 each with personal customization included (plus a 3D scan fee, see Q2) Measured to the Individual by a 3D Scan only. This neuromuscular guard protects your upper teeth and represents the highest level of protection and performance. It's favored by elite, collegiate, and professional athletes. Learn more about the science.
- ARC-PRO Guard, Lower Performance: $149.95 each with personal customization included (plus a 3D scan fee, see Q2) Measured to the Individual by a 3D Scan only. This neuromuscular guard assists with athletic performance and is favored by elite, collegiate, and professional athletes. Learn more about the science.
- RECOVERY Guard: $99.95 each. Allows you to get a better night's sleep while preventing costly damage from clenching and light grinding (bruxism). Recover quicker and perform better the next day. Measured by a Home Kit (additional $14.95) or a 3D scan (see Q2).
Q2. How much does it cost for a Home Kit or 3D Scan?
A2. Home Kits are $14.95 each and the price includes a fitting kit and return shipping. Home Kits are only available for PRO Guards or Recovery Guards. Once you send in a useable Home Impression, we will digitize your impression for better storage and faster re-ordering in the future.
3D Scans are only provided by Certified GuardLab Dentists. The dental scan fee is payable to the Dentist, at the time of your appointment. The cost will vary, depending on the Dentist's fee agreement, their location or if you choose to become a regular patient of the Dentist. If you are a walk-in patient, the average Scan Fee could be up to or around $100-$150. Our network of partners is constantly growing, check out our current list of Dentists here.
Q3. Is it worth getting a 3D scan?
A3. Whenever possible, we always recommend a 3D scan if it’s available in your area. Why? Because nothing beats the impeccable comfort, ease and digital accuracy of a 3D scan. A dental professional uses a small camera, about the same size as a toothbrush, to create a digital impression that captures every ridge and curve of your teeth. Our customers are raving about the modern, quick process... and No More PUTTY!! That's right. No more putty.
Once your digital impression is on file, you won't need to repeat the fitting process, unless you undergo major changes or dental work to your teeth. Generally one fitting is all you need for a lifetime of custom mouthguards by GuardLab!
Q4. So which guard is right for me?
A4. When choosing the right guard, you may be thinking about Fit, Protection or Cost. Here's a simple breakdown to help you choose the right guard! We recommend the APEX Guards for everyone or upgrade to a Custom Fit Guard with a Home Kit or a 3D scan if available in your city.
|APEX||All Sports, 3.5mm. The perfect guard for kids/youth or adult. It ships within 2 days so you don't need to wait. Suitable for sparring, football, lacrosse, rugby, hockey||$29.95 - $34.95|
|APEX Customized (your design)||All Sports, 3.5mm. Same as above but comes with your very own, unlimited graphics. Your personalized guard also ships in 2 days because we are made in NY and love to do custom work for our customers!||$39.95|
|APEX Lite||Light Contact Sports, 2.5mm. Our newest best selling guard, the Lite offers essential protection without surrendering comfort. It's surprisingly soft, flexible & a precise fit. Popular with basketball, soccer, BJJ, wrestling and helmet sports like hockey and lacrosse||$24.95|
|PRO||All Sports, thin/medium/thick. Our best custom-fit selling guard - perfectly snug and engineered for your sport and unique teeth.||$89.95 plus Home Kit or 3D Scan|
|PRO Customized (your design)||All Sports, thin/medium/thick. Same as above but with your own, unlimited personal graphics included.||$99.95 plus Home Kit or 3D Scan|
|ARC-PRO Upper Protection||All Sports, thin/medium/thick plus a neuromuscular cushion. Popularly worn by NFL, NHL, NBA, Boxing, MMA, Olympians||$149.95 plus 3D Scan|
|ARC-PRO Lower Performance||All Sports, low-profile and thin plus a neuromuscular cushion. Popularly worn in MLB, NFL, NHRA, weightlifting, endurance sports, golf, tennis||$149.95 plus 3D Scan|
|Recovery Sleep||Light Bruxism, 3mm soft/hard dental grade protection to protect from light grinding and clenching. Protect those pearly whites and your wallet from costly damage.||$99.95 plus Home Kit or 3D Scan|
|^ Custom-Fit Guards may take up to 2-3 weeks to receive, depending on how long it takes to receive a useable impression. However, re-orders using a previous impression can be processed in less than 1 week.|
**Bonus Value: All Mouthguards include a carrying case ($8) and a limited dental warranty
Q5. How do I select the thickness of my mouthguard?
A5. When you select your Custom PRO or ARC-PRO Guard, tell us the primary sport you will be using the mouthguard for. This will help us to determine the right thickness and level of protection for your sport. If you plan to use your guard for more than one sport, choose the primary sport that needs the most protection.
If you have a specific preference, pls leave a note with your order or email us your Order # to discuss.
Q6. How long does shipping and manufacturing take?
A6. We do our best to ship all products in a timely manner, however, we deeply care about quality and every guard is personalized to you, the individual. Whether you are junior hockey player, a weekend warrior or an insanely paid professional athlete - we treat every guard with the same care and attention and we offer 100% customer satisfaction. That being said:
- APEX Guards are shipped out in 1-2 days, perfect for those who just can't wait. Our simple self-fitting process is made easier with our unique pre-molded APEX bite pattern.
- Home Kits will be mailed to your home in 2-5 days, and after you send in your impression, expect another 7-15 business days for your Custom Guard to be ready. Watch our Fitting Video here.
- Once your 3D Scan is sent in by a Dentist, your Custom Guard will be ready in approximately 7-15 business days. A 3D scan only takes a few minutes and your overall appointment may take up to 30 minutes. Learn more about 3D Scans here.
- Expedited shipping is available at checkout. If you have an urgent request, please give us a call as soon as possible and we will do our best to assist.
Q7. What files can I upload to design my own guard?
A7. We recommend .png or .eps files, but .jpegs will work too. The higher the resolution the better. If you need any design assistance, you can "leave a comment to the seller" on the final check out page or immediately email us with your Order #.
Q8. Why should I try GuardLab. My other boil-and-bite seems to be just fine...
A8. You are right, your other mouthguard may be “just fine”, but don’t you deserve the best protection while you play?
We have engineered a Better Boil and Bite to stand out from the others. After several years of research, we have patented the APEX Bite Pattern. Defined by our 3D geometric bite pattern inside of the guard, it guarantees a perfect alignment and a closer, precise fit. Better fit = better protection.
Once you upgrade, our accurate 3D scanning ensures an EXCELLENT, snug fit and optimal comfort. Having an impeccable custom-fit guard allows the athlete to perform better and a comfortable guard increases the likelihood that it will be worn.
Here are more top-loved features:
- All of our sports guards from APEX to ARC-PRO receive the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail. We manufacture 100% in New York, USA. We use high quality shock absorbing dental grade material that is BPA free, latex free and phthalates free.
- We specialize in 3D Technology and accuracy matters. Better fit = Better Protection.
- Design it the way you want it. We make everything made-to-order, which reduces waste and improves efficiencies.
- All purchases include a complimentary carrying case.
- Easy re-ordering online. We store everything in digital records.
- We're trusted by the pros from NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and more. Our 3D technology and craftsmanship is unrivaled.
Q9. If I lose a custom guard, do I need to be rescanned?
A9. Nope. We keep your 3D digital impression in our labs so if you need another one, simply re-order online, send us an email or give us a call. We will ship you the replacement guard as soon as possible.
Q10. How do I re-order a custom mouthguard?
A10. For the best experience, Log In to your account or Create an Account. This will show your past purchases history. If the system doesn't recognize your email, pls email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our Online Chat and we will re-set your account. Don't worry - we keep all 3D Scans and Digital Impressions on file and your last guard will fit just like the last one.
Q11. How often should I be rescanned?
A11. How quickly your teeth will shift depends on various factors. Since everyone’s situation is unique, we recommend calling us if you are feeling any discomfort with your guard or you've had major dental work. Your comfort and experience are important to us, and we will talk through options and next steps with you.
Q12. What if I have braces?
A12. No problem! We recommend consulting your orthodontist for assistance with ortho wax before fitting your guard, but our products can be made for those of you with braces as well.
Q13. What if I have a stone model?
A13. We also accept traditional dental models. Either yourself, or your dentist, can ship us a stone model for a PRO or Recovery Guard. Be sure to include your name on the models and send us an email with your Order #.
Q14. What is the difference in an ARC-PRO Guard?
A14. If you seek the ultimate in protection AND performance, then our ARC-PRO Guards are the best guards on the planet. To purchase this guard, you must see a Certified GuardLab Dentist or attend one of our scan events.
The ARC-PRO comes in 2 different styles: Upper Guards for contact sports and Lower Performance Guards for non-contact or endurance sports (i.e. soccer, baseball, weightlifting, rowing, etc.)
Guards are worn individually, meaning, you don't need to wear them at the same time. The added support in our ARC™ Technology will stabilize your jaw while allowing you to speak, breathe and exert power without any distraction.
Our patented Alignment Repositioning Cushion (ARC™) Technology helps to optimize the position of your jaw to help absorb impact and dissipate pressure to assist in reducing the risk of injury. Additionally, it has been proven that this perfect alignment increases oxygenation, stabilizes muscles of the head, neck and jaw, and enhances flexibility, balance, strength and explosive power.
Q15. Can a mouthguard prevent concussions?
A15. Great question, but unfortunately the results are mixed within the industry.
With that said, based on our research, we can tell you that mouthguard materials by nature have shock absorption qualities. Sports Dentistry states the following:
Ok so that was a lot of technical jargon, but net-net, a custom ARC-PRO mouthguard with a balanced bite MIGHT assist in reducing the risk of injury by creating space within the TMJ (temporomandibular joint) and reducing the impact to the jaw. There are no guarantees when it comes to concussions, but here at GuardLab, we are going to do our absolute best to keep you protected.
Q16. Do you offer team discounts?
A16. Absolutely. If you can assembly a small group, we offer wholesale pricing. Simply email us for a quote. If your team is interested in Custom Guards, we can arrange a Scan Event at a local Dentist or on-site at your school or gym. Email email@example.com to enquire.
Q17. Where else can I find GuardLab products?
A17. Our APEX and APEX Lite products are available with select gym partners, retail stores, team dealers and Amazon.
If you are interested in becoming a seller or you'd like to be the first Dentist in your area to offer GuardLab products, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org - we'd love to partner with you.